SIP - Scilab Image Processing Toolbox >> SIP - Scilab Image Processing Toolbox > imroi
Roi (region of interest) of an image
- A gray, color or binary image.
- 'rect' rectangular or 'ellipse' are the only available selections by now.
- 0 displays no coordinates (default) 1 displays coordinates
- Binary matrix (0 and 1) corresponding to the image selection.
It has the same size as the input image (e.g. it is 3D if the input is 3D, and 2D if the input is 2D).
The function allows the user to select a Region of Interest (ROI) in an image ALREADY DISPLAYED, and returns the corresponding binary matrix.
The mask is working with any of binary, gray or color images.
With the ellipse selection, you draw the rectangle in which the ellipse is drawn.
To generate much more complex ROI's, you can use the Gimp (GNU Image
Manipulation Program) [www.gimp.org],
although of course this is not an integrated solution.
- Jocelyn DRUEL <email@example.com>
- The code to display coordinates comes directly from the
function xgetpixel by Ricardo Fabbri
The latest version of the Scilab Image Processing toolbox can be found at