SIP - Scilab Image Processing Toolbox >> SIP - Scilab Image Processing Toolbox > dilate
Morphological dilation of binary images
E = dilate(Img, [SE, center])
- M x N Binary image to be dilated. (0 for background, 1 for object)
- Arbitrary structuring element represented as a binary array. Defaults to M x N Binary dilated image.
- origin of structuring element. Shold be within image dimensions. Defaults to the center of the SE array.
- M x N Binary dilated image.
Function dilate performs morphological dilation of a binary image
SE as the structuring element.
Img = imread(SIPDIR+'images/tru.jpg');
Img = 1-im2bw(Img, 0.3);
Img = thin(Img);
e = dilate(Img);
SE = eye(10,10);
e = dilate(Img, SE, [1,1]);
- Ricardo Fabbri <ricardofabbri (AT) users DOT sf DOT net>
"Morphological Algorithms", Luc Vincent, in
"Mathematical Morphology in Image Processing",
Ed. Marcel Dekker, 1993.
The latest version of the Scilab Image Processing toolbox can be found at